We are recruiting a Policy Adviser to join our Long-Term Savings Policy team. In this role, you’ll work to help people understand the value of their pension and other long-term savings products and lead policy work to support this.
Please note this is full time role but we are open to applications from those who wish to work on a flexible and/or job share basis. We welcome applicants who are new to insurance – as well as those who are experts!
What’s the job?
- Formulate and communicate persuasive policy initiatives, supported by robust evidence, that address legislative and regulatory concerns and enhance the reputation of the industry.
- Work with your team on Retirement & Savings Policy, which covers issues including digital developments in long term savings, transfers of investments and pensions, Environment, Social and Governance issues, Social Care and consolidation of defined benefit schemes;
- Build effective relationships with people at all levels in member firms based on a strong understanding of their commercial environment and the impact of regulation and legislation;
- Develop influential relationships with key industry stakeholders including the Department of Work and Pensions, HM Treasury, Financial Conduct Authority, The Pensions Regulator and trade and consumer bodies;
- Provide support to ABI committees and working groups, from Board Committees looking at policy strategy for long term savings, to technical groups discussing the detail of a policy or project;
- Collaborate with colleagues across the Policy Directorate and other parts of the ABI to enhance each other’s workstreams and projects.
The role is primarily based in London, however. Due to COVID-19, colleagues are mainly working from home.
What skills do you need?
- Ability to influence and persuade a variety of senior people;
- Strong analytical skills and the ability to digest complex information quickly and make it engaging and accessible for others;
- Excellent communication skills and enthusiasm for building and managing effective and positive relationships;
- Attention to detail and the capacity to understand technical regulatory issues and industry developments;
- Effective presentation skills and a confidence to present to a variety of audiences and media.