Leading housing association, striving to provide quality, affordable homes in happy, successful places.
To drive our client’s research and policy development programme. Managing the Policy and Research Lead, this role will create and deliver a programme of internal and external research to influence policy at a national level.
- Map housing policy/research landscape – identify key issues/areas of interest by key players (think tanks, academics, HAs, etc) – both past (existing research) and future horizon scanning (work underway or about to begin);
- Create and manage a database of past housing research and policy (summarising key finding) ensuring information is freely available to the business (on a self-service basis);
- Equip senior leaders with relevant policy/research in advance of external stakeholder meetings;
- Suggest thought leadership opportunities and work with senior leaders to develop a programme of research to meet agreed objectives – including stated policy objectives;
- Commission both qualitative and quantitative research to support Sovereign’s strategic aims – overseeing delivery and packaging findings in easy to digest formats;
- Identify and develop relationships with potential partners – research suppliers, as well as other HAs or charities where our policy objectives align;
- Oversee the delivery of Sovereign’s responses to policy consultations (working with senior managers to develop an agreed organisational view) – including mapping upcoming policy change (ie not yet at Consultation stage) – monitoring central government dept strategies;
- Monitor effectiveness of the work of the Policy and Research team, demonstrating impact and value for money;
- Manage Research Officer – to support on the delivery of the policy/research programme.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills with a wide range of people and audiences;
- Experienced Policy and Research professional;
- Line management;
- Strong understanding of Westminster and Whitehall.