To develop and deliver the organisation’s public response and profile relating to education policy developments.
- Develop and deliver a proactive policy communications strategy aimed at raising visibility;
- Track education policy developments, reports, announcements and debates that relate to key priority areas and make recommendations as to any potential communications and/or visibility opportunities that might arise from them;
- Schedule and deliver relevant blogs, comment and other social media and web content around policy developments and government initiatives relating to key priority areas;
- Develop relationships with key external stakeholders (think tanks, media, government comms teams, Special Advisers) with a view to identifying future visibility and impact opportunities;
- Maintain a strong professional social media presence within the education sector;
- Attend relevant policy related events and report back on insights. Where relevant and required, represent at roundtables and other events, and carry out speaking engagements;
- Contribute to internal briefings on key policies and support the organisation’s response to any government consultations;
- Write regular, concise and relevant policy updates;
- Maintain and develop the ‘Policy and Consultations’ pages on the website ensuring that content is dynamic and engaging and always up to date;
- Identify and build relationships with new influential stakeholders identified as important to our client.
- Knowledge and understanding of government policy;
- Excellent communications skills;
- Strong writing style. The ability to write accurately and for a variety of audiences;
- Attention to detail;
- Confident using social media for business;
- Ability to assimilate, understand and re-present large amounts of content quickly;
- Strong presentation skills. A confident presenter;
- Ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines should the business require it;
- Education sector experience (desirable but not essential).