I am recruiting for a Policy Lead (Pensions) with a membership body in London.
- Be responsible for developing policies which influence the outcome of public policy in the interests of our strategic and tactical objectives. You will raise our profile on relevant issues so that we are associated with clear and persuasive views and policy positions. This will involve the production of high-quality policy papers, consultation responses, and evidence-based research reports;
- Guided by your Head of Team, and working closely with the Policy Board and other governance committees/ working groups, you will implement policies from the Association’s work programme;
- Provide practical support to members on policy-related issues, for example through the production of guides, through presentations or direct engagement;
- Provide high quality support to the Policy Board and relevant governance bodies to ensure that we understand the views of the pensions industry and draw on their expertise;
- Build strong links with Government and regulators in the UK and EU, with trade associations and with the Association’s fund and business members so that we are well networked and able to influence the right people at the right time.
You will have:
- Knowledge and understanding of policy issues as they affect pensions;
- Proven experience of operating at a senior level in a complex organisation;
- Experience of public speaking, for example at industry events;
- Experience of applying pensions know-how in a public policy setting, e.g. some experience of dealing with, and lobbying, Government.