I am currently recruiting a Policy Manager with an online platform.
- Work with key stakeholders internally to develop our positions in areas of increasing importance to the business;
- Draft consultation responses and letters to government and regulators on matters relevant to our businesses;
- Conduct policy research and briefings that put our positions to key influencers in government, regulators and Parliament;
- Work with the public relations team to hone calls to action in press and media campaigns;
- Conduct stakeholder mapping and horizon scanning, ensuring the business understands upcoming relevant issues;
- Develop briefings, speeches and comments for company spokespeople on policy matters for key meetings, events, and media opportunities;
- Produce internal updates on regulatory policy and parliamentary developments, including key publications, speeches and decisions;
- Build contacts and network with influencers;
- Manage the administration of the policy and regulation programme.
You will have:
- Experience of working in a regulatory policy, policy research or public affairs role (beneficial if in at least one of energy, telecoms or financial services);
- Excellent knowledge and understanding of the policy-making process in government and within regulators;
- Excellent drafting skills to produce persuasive documents;
- Ability to grasp the detail of a wide range of policy issues;
- Strong communication skills;
- Excellent time management and prioritisation skills;
- High political and commercial awareness;
- Ability to adapt to change and to work in a fast-paced commercial environment;
- Good networking skills;
- Educated to degree level in a relevant field, such as Politics, Economics or Law.