Leonard Cheshire is entering an exciting phase of growth to achieve our strategic vision, working on four interrelated objectives globally and within the UK. These objectives are set out below:
- We promote national policies and programmes that enable people with disabilities to live independently in their local communities as they choose;
- We support laws and policies that ensure lifelong access to inclusive and equitable quality education and learning for people with disabilities;
- We promote the development and implementation of legislation and policies that provide equality of access to employment for people with disabilities;
- We generate an evidence base and data to address knowledge gaps in the above three policy areas and ensure its effective use in the planning of our policy influencing and programmes.
We will be working with UN agencies such as UNICEF, the ILO, and UNESCO, as well as collaborating with human rights treaty monitoring mechanisms. We will collaborate with disability organisations at national and global level, working with agencies and institutions focused on data collection and research such as National Statistics Organisations and academic institutions. We will collaborate with partners to target national governments in our international work, in the UK, we will collaborate with government departments and will work in networks and coalitions to achieve policy change.
To achieve these objectives we are looking for people in the following roles:
- DPO’s Engagement Manager ref: 03718;
- Policy Manager ref: 03719;
- Public Affairs Manager ref: 03720;
- Public Affairs Officer ref: 03721;
- Policy Advisor Data and Disability ref: 03722;
- Policy Advisor – Employment an Special Protection ref: 03723.