Are you a politically engaged individual, seeking to further your public affairs career in an award-winning consultancy? Are you passionate about championing diversity in the transport sector? This could be the post for you.
Who we are and what we do
JFG Communications (JFG Comms) is a boutique, virtual public affairs consultancy specialising in stakeholder engagement, political communications, and diversity. We work with clients in the transport, infrastructure and construction sectors.
Public affairs and diversity specialists
We're experts in creating innovative ways to connect people and policymakers to enable better policy. We provide the creative spark to help companies develop and achieve their communications and stakeholder engagement goals.
As diversity specialists, we provide expert advice and initiatives to help companies achieve more diverse and inclusive teams. The focus is primarily on gender diversity, as there is a lack of gender balance in the transport and construction workforces.
Started in 2016, by our award-winning Founder & Managing Director, Jo Field, we are a niche consultancy with a campaigning purpose - to improve communications and engagement on transport and infrastructure projects. This will help the industry reach a wider audience and encourage more women and under-represented groups to consider transport careers.
We work with customers and partners aligned with our purpose and together we deliver great campaigns.
As a founding member of the Public Relations and Communications Association's (PRCA’s) first ever virtual agencies group, we've put virtual, flexible and agile working at the heart of our business model. While most companies are working virtually at the moment, this is our normal way of working.
Job summary / key responsibilities
As a Senior Account Manager you will:
- Manage services and deliver projects for public affairs and communications clients in the transport, infrastructure and construction sectors;
- Provide strategic communications, stakeholder engagement and public affairs advice;
- Alert clients to PR opportunities and areas of reputational risk;
- Understand and advise on stakeholder and political engagement, including stakeholder mapping, online, hybrid and in-person engagement techniques, building advocacy and identifying and mitigating reputational risk;
- Understand and advise on media handling including crisis communications, interview briefings, developing Q&As, exclusives, embargoes and lines to take;
- Craft and produce content - narrative, key messages, briefing notes, press releases, articles, blogs, reports, digital content – web and social media posts; and edit content drafted by junior members of the team;
- Build media relationships, issue press releases and sell-in content to journalists;
- Create and deliver integrated public affairs, stakeholder engagement, and media relations campaigns, with a digital first approach;
- Build client and stakeholder relationships and attend client and stakeholder meetings as needed;
- Support client events as required;
- Carry out regular monitoring, research, intelligence gathering and horizon-scanning;
- Provide support on new business pitches – research, drafting proposals, slide development, presenting at pitch meetings;
- Line manage junior members of team.
- Public affairs and media relations experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, especially the ability to write in plain, clear, concise language;
- Strong attention to detail;
- Sound political judgement;
- Highly organised, able to work independently, and capable of managing several projects at once;
- Transport / infrastructure / construction sector experience;
- Crisis communications expertise.
- Agency experience;
- Public sector experience;
- Passion or interest in gender equality and improving women’s representation in male dominated sectors.
This is a 6-month fixed term, part-time contract.
- Competitive salary (pro-rata)
- 30 days holiday (pro-rata)
- Virtual agency / flexible working from home
- PRCA membership and associated benefits
- Commitment to training / continuing professional development
The role will initially be home-based, given current Covid-19 restrictions, but our London team normally have the option to work from our Central London We Work office if they wish. (Travel to / working from client offices and sites will be necessary at times).