The Civil Engineering Contractors Association is the representative body for companies who work day-to-day to deliver, upgrade, and maintain the country’s infrastructure.
With more than 300 members split across eight regions, CECA represents firms who together carry out an estimated 70-80 per cent of all civil engineering activity in the UK, in the key sectors of transport, energy, communications, waste and water.
- Engaging and maintaining relationships on behalf of CECA with elected representatives and other stakeholders;
- Monitoring government departments, legislative bodies, trade publications, and the wider media on matters relevant to CECA;
- Writing briefings on political events and issues for members and on CECA issues for elected representatives;
- Advising CECA’s Directors, Chief Executive and Director of Operations on political issues affecting CECA members;
- Identifying and securing opportunities to promote CECA’s agenda with elected representatives and other stakeholders;
- Devising and overseeing campaigns on issues important to CECA members;
- Working with representatives of CECA member companies on public affairs engagement;
- Managing CECA sector groups.
Person Specification - Essential
- Proven experience of working for elected representatives or in public affairs;
- A strong record of building and using networks in Westminster;
- A nuanced understanding of Westminster, Whitehall and local government structures;
- Excellent written and verbal skills;
- A proven ability to communicate complex messages to external stakeholders;
- Demonstrable experience of influencing senior colleagues;
- An interest in the infrastructure sector;
- The successful applicant will be willing to travel across the UK to visit CECA regional/national offices when necessary.
Person Specification - Desirable
- Experience of working with stakeholders outside of London;
- Experience of working with/for a trade association;
- Experience of working on infrastructure issues in a political environment;
- Knowledge of CRM management.