Our Client: Higher Education Institution – Faculty of the Built Environment.
Job Description: A leading London-based university is looking for a Research and Enterprise Manager to join the Faculty of the Built Environment on a fixed-term contract until the end of January 2020. This role will provide high level strategic and operational support to the Vice-Dean of Research (VDR) and the Vice-Dean of Enterprise (VDE) at both Faculty and cross-Faculty level. You will be the primary liaison for various stakeholders (academics, industry professionals, researchers, funders) and will need to possess excellent project management and facilitation as well as budget management skills. Ideally looking for someone who is available immediately or at very short notice.
You will be responsible for:
- Working with the VDR and VDE to develop and implement the Faculty’s research strategy as well as innovation and enterprise strategy;
- Playing a pivotal role in the application process for research funding and grant proposals, including but not limited to assessing applications, developing relationships with key officers and attending information sessions;
- Chairing and organising research and advisory groups related to the Faculty;
- Supporting the development of high quality learning programmes, public and policy engagement activities, as well as other activities that arise from research projects conducted by the Faculty;
- Being the primary point of contact for academics from within and outside the Faculty, industry professionals, researchers and funders;
- Growing and maintaining relationships with current innovation and enterprise partners as well as proactively sourcing and engaging with potential partners;
- Raising the Faculty’s research and enterprise profile with similar networks and institutions world-wide.
- Knowledge of the strategic issues and challenges facing both higher education as well as research specialism of the Faculty;
- Experience of planning and management of multi-stakeholder projects and working in a higher education environment or environment related to the Faculty’s research specialism;
- Experience assessing stakeholder needs & developing and maintaining excellent stakeholder relationships;
- Excellent oral and written communication skills and the ability to research, draft, critique, and present reports on complex issues to a broad range of audiences;
- Ability to understand and analyse research proposals and business plans and provide constructive comments and feedback;
- Ability to manage workload under pressure managing competing priorities & multiple concurrently running projects.