Access Partnership enables consumer access to technology. To do this, we create the environment that allows governments to adopt technologies effectively and responsibly by analysing global trends for the risks and opportunities they create for technology businesses and users of technology, identifying strategies to mitigate those risks and driving opportunities to our clients’ advantage. Our firm uniquely mixes public policy and engineering competencies to achieve our goals. We have five offices around the world and are growing.
The EUK team is looking for a senior policy analyst with extensive experience in EU and UK policy and experience in engaging with EU and UK officials.
Your role will be to research, monitor and analyse policy developments, regulations, commercial and political trends in the EU and UK, provide strategic advice and competitive intelligence to clients, assist clients in shaping policy, draft collaterals and support the EUK’s team business development and marketing activities.
UK & Europe Team
We support public policy in the UK and Europe on behalf of clients from various sectors, including cybersecurity, privacy, cloud procurement and trade. We engage with key stakeholders to shape legislation and regulation. Our team develops advocacy campaigns and policy strategies to support client interests.
- Represent clients in meetings with EU institutions, industry and national governments; gather commercial and policy intelligence;
- Draft high-quality memoranda, presentations, and marketing materials on short timelines;
- Develop public policy positions, advocacy strategies, and talking points based on commercial interests;
- Build and maintain a network of government and industry contacts in key markets; collaborate with stakeholders on positions in intergovernmental processes;
- Research and analyse policy topics, political trends, processes, and regulations;
- Help drive the business strategy and execute on UK and EU related customer deliverables;
- Meet or exceed business development targets by identifying and securing new clients; provide a professional face for the firm through writing and speaking engagements;
- Conduct managerial and administrative tasks as needed.
Essential skills and experience:
- Recent experience of high level political/policy engagement and legislative engagement in the UK and the EU, to include preparing clients to testify at public hearings and brief senior officials;
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of the current EU Commission processes and existing relationships with high level officials (e.g. EU Commissioners);
- Strong up-to-date knowledge of UK Parliament and relationships with Government officials, MPs or Ministers;
- Proven ability and experience of developing advocacy strategies and shaping policy in support of clients;
- Strong knowledge of technology policy issues and debates in particular in depth and detailed knowledge on DSA, data-sharing and online platforms as well as AR/VR/XR, drones, global standards, 5G, and facial recognition;
- Excellent written skills and ability to draft policy analysis, advocacy collaterals, white papers and articles;
- Experience in event organisation like roundtables, training or conferences;
- Proven ability to represent AP at meetings and conferences including speaking at conferences.
- Knowledge of emerging technologies and trade;
- Second language;
- Experience in driving business development initiatives, lead generation, and closing sales.