I am currently recruiting a Senior Policy Manager with a with a standards body in West London.
- Identify, develop and lead the development of the strategic policies towards key international standards bodies, with the focus areas to be determined based on the candidate skills and experience;
- Be the internal expert on these policy areas, develop briefs in support of the above for Senior management and ensure that a coherent and consistent line is taken to strengthen the influence of the organisation and the UK;
- To influence key governance boards of the International and European standards bodies;
- To lead, manage and drive the internal consultation on all aspects of these policy areas;
- To engage, as relevant, UK stakeholders on policy issues.
You will have:
- Experienced policy development and delivery that could form government, regulators, or a membership body.
- Excellent strategic thinking, and delivery planning
- Excellent networking and influencing skills
- Ability to plan, prioritise and deliver in a complex environment
- Excellent analytical skills and ability to assimilate complex documents and deliver effective arguments
- Excellent project management and communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills commensurate with relationship building at all levels of an organization including the most senior in the international arena