The young adult programme has been designed to support young people with social, emotional and mental health needs to get into work, training or further education. This is an exciting opportunity for an experienced leader to support the programme and develop high quality support and solutions for some of the most challenging needs faced by young adults.
- Work closely with the CEO to develop an innovative programme of support for young adults;
- Manage a committed and enthusiastic multi-disciplinary team to develop personalised provision for all young people;
- Ensure effective, high-quality input which enables all young people to make excellent progress;
- Provide strong and collaborative leadership;
- Manage a core team of practitioners;
- Identify training and performance needs of the team;
- Embed regulatory compliance and high quality contextual safeguarding;
- Write reports and updates for the CEO and other stakeholders;
- Keep informed and well briefed on relevant local and national developments.
- Experience of managing teams including performance management;
- Knowledge of current policy and practice, especially in relation to social, emotional and mental health needs;
- Skilled in tracking progress on tasks and following through on executing plans;
- Highly approachable, with the ability to forge strong relationships with a wide range of people;
- Excellent communication skills;
- Stakeholder and relationship building;
- Excellent understanding of support services in relation to young people who are not in education, employment or training.