This practical course is ideal for those who are relatively new to public affairs and need to know how political and policy decisions are made and how best to influence them.
This excellent course is delivered by one of our experienced consultants and examines the people, policies and processes involved in decision making in Westminster and Whitehall. You will take away top tips on how to plan and implement an effective public affairs strategy.
The course covers:
- UK decision making – the basics
- How to influence Parliament, Government and Whitehall
- The policy and legislative making process
- Who’s who in Westminster and Whitehall?
- Working with Parliamentarians and Civil Servants
- How to build and sustain relationships with influencers and decision makers
- Tracking policy thinking and political developments
- An introduction to public affairs tactics
- How to lobby and influence?
- Useful tools and social media techniques and where to go for more information
This popular half day course will provide an invaluable introduction to public affairs and policy-making in Westminster and Whitehall.
Course delivered by: Emily Wallace