This course provides the opportunity for an in-depth and personalised day to support people in policy making roles. There is a high level of support from experienced tutors during the day with one to one attention on an approximate ratio of four individuals to one tutor. People will be given the opportunity to progress their own policy work, sharing experience and learning from others. A comprehensive policy making booklet will be provided and opportunity to set up networking groups encouraged.
Attendees to this course will:
- Gain a better understanding of what policy is and how policy formulation and implementation works
- Better appreciate who the most influential and important policy actors are
- Gain knowledge of proven techniques, good frameworks and intelligent insights to improve their policy work
- Examine policy making examples in the wider public sector
- Improve their ability to plan, assess and implement policy
This course will be facilitated by Geoff Langsdon, Head of Training at Government Knowledge.
- Geoff Langsdon - Head of Training at Government Knowledge
- Hugh Lennon - Training Consultant