This event is designed for people who need to understand the purpose, process and procedures of the European Commission. Those who are likely to benefit most are people who are either working or looking to work within the European Union, British Foreign Office, or organisation that are directly affected by the EU Commission. This includes civil servants working in both policy and operations areas. The day will also provide insight for those in the private sector that want to know how the system works.
By the end of the day delegates will:
- Understand the different functions of the EU Commission.
- Learn the purpose of the EU Commission.
- Hear about the importance of the EU Commission.
- Learn about the strengths and weaknesses of the EU Commission.
- Understand the role the EU Commissions plays domestically, internationally and within the EU institutions.
This course will be facilitated by Andras Baneth, Training Consultant with Guest Speaker Antonia Mochan, Head of Communication, Networks and Partnerships for European Commission in the UK.