This course provides attendees with the skills to put together and run a successful campaign and engaging with political decision makers.
Who should attend
Consultants and in-house lobbyists who want to improve their public affairs and campaigning skills.
Attendees will learn how to:
- Set realistic objectives for your campaign
- Draw up a campaign grid
- Identify the key influencers
- Identify appropriate parliamentary and political mechanisms
- Communicate with key influencers
- Create effective and innovative tactics and initiatives
- Evaluate the impact of your campaign
Attendees will receive a copy of the course presentation.
Sheila Gunn has worked on public affairs for the strategic communications consultancy Fleishman-Hillard for six years, fought a parliamentary seat in the last general election and has served as a local councillor. For 12 years, she was a political journalist on The Times before becoming personal press spokesman for the then Prime Minister, John Major.