This interactive, one-day programme is designed to provide participants with an overview of UK policy-making processes, where to engage in those processes and how to start influencing them.
Who will benefit from attending?
Everyone who needs and wants to increase their understanding of the UK policy-making landscape and work more effectively with policy making professionals.
Participants will have:
- developed their knowledge of the structure and functions of government departments, Parliament and the wider public sector
- enhanced their understanding of the complex maze of interactions between decision makers in central and local UK government, and the organisations seeking to influence those decision makers
- increased their ability to interact with and contribute to decision making processes
- developed their awareness of where power and influence lie in the policy development process
- extended their toolkit for engaging policy makers
Organisations will be able to draw on staff who are able to work more effectively with policy making professionals and understand where they can be influential in the policy process.
To view the agenda, please click here.