This debate will consider the Local Government Association’s (LGA) programme of work ‘Rewiring Public Services’ which was launched at its conference in July 2013. The LGA believes changes are needed at both a local and national level to meet people’s future needs and aspirations. This proposition shows how public services can be transformed through local leadership by rebuilding democratic participation, fixing public services and revitalising the economy.
Registration and refreshments will take place from 5.00 pm, the debate will start at 5.30 pm and will be followed by an informal drinks reception, where attendees can network and continue their discussions in an informal setting.
Who should attend?
- Lead members
- Chief executives and officers
- MPs and Parliamentary Staff
- Civil servants and voluntary and private sector representatives
- Cllr Sir Merrick Cockell, Chairman, LGA
- Rt. Hon. John Redwood MP, Chairman, Conservative Economic Affairs Committee
- Andy Sawford MP, Shadow Minister for Communities and Local Government
- Ben Page, Chief Executive, Ipsos Mori
- Dorothy Thornhill, Elected Mayor of Watford