Newsdirect provides fast-reaction alerts on the UK’s political proceedings with a particular focus on the devolved institutions. By combining clever people and innovative technology, we keep on top of every detail of the policy-making process. With a clear understanding of what our clients need to know, we support hundreds of public affairs professionals as they inform policy development and help shape legislation. Our clients benefit from fast alerts, informative briefings and the reassurance that expert support is only a call or email away.
We are offering a fast-track route to an Account Manager role within our political monitoring team. In this deadline-driven role, you’ll take charge of the information flow to a group of clients, using intelligence and insight to recognise and prioritise information. In the morning, you’ll scan and summarise the day’s political proceedings into tailored and general client reports. Across the remainder of the day you’ll be reporting live on parliamentary proceedings, monitoring the day’s news as it unfolds and writing blogs and policy briefings.
We’re looking for a candidate who is already well-versed in the day-to-day workings of Holyrood and its proceedings. Some knowledge of the political landscape across the UK, including other devolved assemblies would also be helpful. The successful person will bring great communication skills, a love of learning, fast typing and experience of working in a close-knit team. You’ll also need to be tech savvy and interested in helping develop the systems that power our service. The induction and training process will involve shadowing an existing staff member while training up on client interests and the different monitoring tasks that happen simultaneously across each shift. This post is subject to a three-month training and probationary period.
Duties will include:
- Sifting and scanning information to compile into daily and weekly monitoring reports;
- Summarising data, pro-actively searching sources and providing links to online information;
- As part of an account team, managing relationships with key client contacts and maintaining regular communication (both face-to-face and phone/email) to ensure their requirements are being met;
- Assisting in the preparation of policy profiles and research and keeping on top of an agreed policy portfolio in terms of tracking and advising on developments;
- Keeping effective notes and records as well as maintaining client data;
- Identifying new business opportunities and developing services to enhance portfolio;
- Reporting from party conferences and attending policy and networking events as required;
- Providing a helpful and responsive helpdesk service for client requests.