Principle Consulting provides expert policy, public affairs and campaigns advice and support to charities and NGOs.
We are looking for an outstanding intern to assist our committed team providing campaigns, policy and public affairs support to charities.
This would be an ideal role for anyone looking to work in policy and public affairs for charities to learn about the sector and help charities to make a difference.
Our internship will develop your understanding and experience of policy development, lobbying, campaigns and communications in a fast-paced professional environment. This position offers the opportunity to gain experience of all aspects of work in a busy, dynamic organisation with the guidance and support of senior team members, working with some of the UK’s leading charities.
The internship will be part time (2 days a week) for a period of three months, with the possibility of extension.
This role will focus on providing support to colleagues and clients working across a variety of policy areas.
Tasks will include, but will not be restricted to:
- Political, current affairs and social media monitoring;
- Researching and producing thorough, accurate briefing documents and reports;
- Drafting letters and press releases;
- Assisting with event organisation and delivery;
- Assisting colleagues with strategy planning and parliamentary engagement;
- Some general administrative tasks.
- A clear and demonstrable commitment to helping charities and NGOs achieve their goals;
- A motivated self-starter who is able to work well in a team;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- A demonstrable, active interest in domestic and/or international policy and politics;
- An understanding of parliamentary processes in the UK;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (including Outlook, Word and Excel);
- Ability to conduct comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Ability to work flexibly across a number of different policy areas;
- A 2:1 degree or above in a relevant field or equivalent professional experience.