Access Partnership, an international government affairs consultancy in Victoria, London, is recruiting for a three-month internship for a suitable candidate looking to develop their skills in the field of public policy and be part of a fast-growing team. The ideal candidate will be a recent graduate or someone with initial workplace experience, but must possess exceptional communication skills, an interest in politics, the policy making process and world affairs. A demonstrable interest in the evolving public policy environment around communications technologies is an advantage.
The company specialises in the telecom and Information Technology (IT) sectors, and provides tailored support for many large companies. Supporting one of our analysts, the internship would offer the successful candidate an opportunity to participate in client projects and undertake research on government policy in the UK, Europe and further afield. Some experience in a communications, policy or research role in the sector is highly preferable.
- Gathering and synthesising news reports and legislative developments across a number of markets, with a specific focus on Westminster and Brussels;
- Liaising with stakeholders to organise and facilitate meetings on behalf of clients;
- Supporting (an) analyst(s) in carrying out research on government policies, regulations and consultations;
- Planning and carrying out internet-based research to identify policy information from a variety of news sources;
- Carrying out market research on different services in the IT and telecoms sectors, and helping to spot emerging trends.
Desired skills and experience
- Graduate degree in policy, economics, international relations or related disciplines;
- Very good oral and written communication skills in English;
- An ability to condense, structure and summarise information into clear and concise elements;
- Interest in world affairs and/or government policy;
- Good IT skills essential (Microsoft Word and Excel in particular);
- Good knowledge of social media and blogs an advantage.