Unilever is a global fast-moving consumer goods company producing brands such as Becel/Flora/Fruit d’Or, Axe/Lynx, Dove, Knorr and Ola/Miko. We have embarked on an exciting journey to decouple our business growth from our environmental impact, while at the same time increasing our positive social impact.
We are looking to recruit an energetic intern in our European External Affairs Office in Brussels to support the team in driving this agenda at the EU institutions and other European stakeholders.
Working in the field of foods and home and personal care – Unilever’s three core businesses - the intern will contribute to:
- Performing background research and analysis on emerging issues;
- Performing research and analysis on the position and activities of key stakeholders;
- Monitoring regulatory, legislative and political processes of interest to Unilever;
- Drafting advocacy materials, press reviews and organising events.
The intern will have the opportunity to:
- Be exposed to the functioning of a fast-moving and multi-sectoral international company;
- Contribute to the challenges and opportunities in integrating sustainability into our business;
- Experience the importance of public affairs, both in terms of challenges and opportunities, for the achievement of Unilever’s vision: Doubling the size of our business whilst reducing our overall environmental impacts across the entire value chain;
- Learn from a team of experienced public affairs practitioners, working on a wide variety of current and emerging issues;
- Drive your own projects within the context of the European External Affairs team responsibilities, based on (developed) personal interest.
- The internship must take place in the framework of a University degree, ideally a Master’s degree in European Law, International Politics, European Studies or equivalent;
- The intern must be registered as a student during the whole duration of the internship;
- English fluently written and spoken is a must, good knowledge of Dutch, French or German would be an asset.
The internship would last for a duration of about 6 months, full-time.
A cost of living allowance will be paid monthly.