We are looking for a confident, proactive, service-focused Policy Assistant to join our General Insurance team.
Reporting to the Manager, Fraud and Financial Crime, your job is to provide essential support to the team’s work in undertaking policy analysis and influencing general insurance issues. This covers anything from property, motor, liability insurance and health, to fraud and financial crime and specialist lines such as travel and pet insurance.
You don’t need to have prior expertise in insurance to apply – we can support your learning and development in this area.
Day to day you will:
- Draft policy papers, consultation responses and summary documents to a high standard;
- Prepare responses to enquiries and correspondence from Members of Parliament, consumer groups and the public on general insurance matters;
- Collate the content for member newsletters;
- Work with Advocacy colleagues to ensure that the general insurance sections of the ABI website are kept up to date;
- Support the conference and events programme, for example the Property Conference, by preparing relevant conference materials and liaising with speakers;
- Prepare briefing notes and accurately record meeting minutes;
- Undertake specific project work as and when required.
Where can this role take you?
Wherever possible, we support our staff to develop their careers internally. The next natural step for you in this role would be a Policy Adviser – but this is flexible.
With a supportive environment and the fantastic exposure you get to lots of people in the industry and the knowledge you’ll build on a range of regulatory and policy issues, the ABI is a great place to build your career.
What training and benefits are offered?
On your first day you’ll be met by our HR team for a full company induction. You’ll then have inductions to get you up to speed with anything from Events to how our finances work, plus one to ones with relevant colleagues. Everyone goes on the CII Introduction to Insurance course and will receive plenty of on the job training. We host various Staff Learning Events throughout the year and you will be able to attend relevant ABI and industry events.
Additional training will be driven by your own personal needs and ambitions and we have a range of courses as part of our Learning and Development offering.
We’re looking for:
This might be your first ever policy role but you’ll need to be interested in working in public policy and financial services.
Policy Assistants juggle a diverse workload and will have lots of contact with a variety of people, so you’ll need to be confident, happy to engage with people, quick to learn and super-efficient. We operate in an open plan and collaborative environment, so team work is of the utmost importance.
In return, we offer a competitive salary and the opportunity to work in a fast-moving and friendly environment at the trade association for one of the UK’s biggest, most successful industries.