- monitor and report local campaign and policy trends to Public Affairs and Public Policy colleagues for consideration at a national level;
- translate nationally developed campaigns into locally relevant messages and deliver these locally;
- Identify and meet regularly with key local stakeholders across the region, including representatives of local public sector bodies, councillors, elected mayors, council officials, police and crime commissioners and MP constituency staff;
- attend local board meetings and devise and manage a system for monitoring their effectiveness, feeding back information to Area teams and Public Affairs and Public Policy colleagues;
- draft and disseminate local campaign and policy briefings for local stakeholders, and draft and submit local consultation submissions on relevant issues;
- organise campaign and policy events across the region, in partnership with Area Managers and Public Affairs and Public Policy colleagues, and attend regional political and policy events and specialist community group events.
- Demonstrable knowledge of national and local political and policy environments;
- Demonstrable experience of engaging with a wide range of audiences and stakeholders;
- Good knowledge and practical experience of local government and/or third sector;
- Demonstrable experience of delivering tangible campaign outcomes in a local government setting;
- Ability to analyse and interpret complex information and to brief office holders at the highest organisational levels both internally and externally.