M&F is an independent communications consultancy which specialises in health and wellbeing. Through fresh thinking, we are totally focused on making an impact for our clients delivering creative, dynamic, and intelligent campaigns.
This three-month internship is ideal for those wishing to explore a career in public affairs and policy. Experience in either a public affairs environment, or in Parliament, and a background or strong interest in health would be an advantage.
The successful applicant will play a supporting role to the integrated Political, Stakeholder Counsel and Media team, and will have an opportunity to gain valuable public affairs experience through cross-sector working.
Core tasks will include:
- Providing daily political monitoring (including media);
- Providing policy briefings;
- Compiling weekly political monitoring reports;
- Providing research for communication plans and proposals;
- Supporting the team to deliver public affairs objectives to plan;
- Supporting team members with administrative duties;
- Supporting the team with organising events.
We are looking for someone with:
- Excellent drafting skills;
- Excellent research skills;
- Excellent organisational abilities – ability to juggle a number of competing priorities, and to seek advice and guidance from colleagues when needed;
- Political and campaigning awareness;
- Strong inter-personal skills;
- Hands on approach to work;
- Attention to detail.