A membership body.
Looking for an ambitious candidate to join a growing Public Affairs team in the new role of Public Affairs Assistant. Looking for a motivated and enthusiastic candidate to support a busy public affairs team. The ideal candidate will be capable of taking on a wide-ranging policy brief and working in a fast-paced environment.
- Monitoring outputs from Government departments, parliamentary developments and the national media in order to produce daily and weekly monitoring reports for internal and external audiences;
- Researching policy issues to support the team in responding to Government consultations;
- Drafting letters and briefings to key political audiences e.g. civil servants, MPs, Ministers about campaigning activity;
- Providing administrative support for the All-Party Parliamentary Small Shops Group and the Cross Party Small Shops Group;
- Supporting the Public Affairs team on the planning, preparation, and running of ACS policy events;
- Attending internal and external meetings to brief ACS members and policy makers about ACS policy positions.
- excellent comprehension skills;
- ability to summarise complex information accurately and quickly;
a demonstrable interest in the political process would be advantageous.