A fantastic opportunity has arisen for a Research Assistant to join Inside Government, a leading organiser of policy led forums for practitioners in the public sector. It is an exciting new role in a growing division with excellent career opportunities.
The Conference Production Assistant will be responsible for in-depth public policy research, writing agendas as well as inviting speakers, and managing and delivering their own portfolio of policy forums.
The position represents an exceptional opportunity for those interested in public policy and UK politics.
Department: Inside Government
Reporting to: Head of Programme - IG
Job purpose: To research, write, produce and manage conferences
GovNet is the UK’s leading events’ company for the Public Sector, running over 400 events per year ranging from exhibitions and summits to conferences, briefings and training courses. The business has around 160 staff based in offices in London, Manchester, Blackburn and Birmingham.
Since 1997, GovNet has consistently delivered innovative, thought-provoking and insightful events, all of which, to date, are specifically for the Public Sector. For two decades, we have provided unrivalled access to high quality and up-to-date information and have created a platform where leading industry experts, high-profile speakers and public sector employees can network, form partnerships and work towards a common goal.
Our company is a highly successful and profitable organisation and has been consistently in growth mode for some years. However, in order to take us to the next level, we are entering a positive period of transition and change in terms of culture, structure, process and product.
Main duties and responsibilities:
- In depth research across a wide range of UK domestic policy areas;
- Identifying, inviting, confirming and liaising with high profile speakers from across the public sector;
- Producing event agendas and policy overviews;
- Managing preparations for events and assisting speakers on-the-day;
- Working closely with and briefing the marketing team to ensure events are a commercial success;
- Developing and building relationships with sponsors, public sector stakeholders and other sector speakers and associations;
- Generating innovative, commercially successful ideas that will appeal to both practitioners and suppliers.
What we are looking for:
- A degree in UK politics or a related subject and an in depth knowledge of UK policy;
- A strong interest in current affairs and politics;
- The ability to prioritise work and meet deadlines and targets on a weekly basis;
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal;
- Strong writing skills and editing skills;
- An ability to work independently;
- A great team player with an ambitious and positive attitude;
- Previous conference experience is desirable, but not essential.
What we offer in return:
- GovNet offers a stimulating and challenging place to work with strong realistic ambitions dedicated to growing & providing the highest quality services and events in our market;
- Whilst offering a competitive salary, holidays, great hours of work and a pension, childcare vouchers, in return we also offer an inviting work environment, working at impressive central office locations, developing yourself within an established team of professionals and creating a career fully supported by a reputable fast growing company.