One Young World is a UK-based charity that gathers together the brightest young leaders from around the world, empowering them to make lasting connections to create positive change.
We stage an annual Summit where the most valuable young talent from global and national companies, NGOs, universities and other forward-thinking organisations are joined by world leaders. At the Summit, delegates debate, formulate and share innovative solutions for the pressing issues the world faces.
At past Summits, delegates were joined by a line-up of Counsellors that included Justin Trudeau, Emma Watson, Archbishop Emeritus Desmond Tutu, Sir Bob Geldof, Kofi Annan, Sir Richard Branson, Meghan Markle, Professor Muhammad Yunus, Jamie Oliver, Jack Dorsey and Mary Robinson.
After each Summit, the delegates, who are then known as One Young World Ambassadors, work on their own initiatives or lend the power of the One Young World network to those initiatives already in existence. Of those in employment, many return to their companies and set about creating change from within, energising their corporate environment.
Since 2009, we have hosted eight annual Summits and brought together over 9,000 young leaders from 196 countries. Our events motivate young people to be the change they want to see in the world. It is estimated that over 8.9 million people have been impacted by projects founded by One Young World Ambassadors.
The Summit team is looking for a full-time Content Manger to assist and manage content at the One Young World Summits.
Together with the Content Director and Counsellor Team, the Content Manager is responsible for designing and creating the conference content of the annual One Young World Summit.
The Content Manager assists with devising and delivering the Summit sessions, and is responsible for deciding and liaising with conference speakers. In addition to this core role, the Content Manager prepares marketing and communications material in support of the One Young World fundraising team, and works closely with the Community Director to ensure that the One Young World Ambassador network is integrated into the main Summit.
Key duties include:
- Assisting with defining central Summit themes through surveys and focus groups with the Ambassador network;
- Research, plan, book, brief and deliver Special Sessions and Side Stage Sessions;
- Assist with managing the overall Summit Agenda and effectively communicating all Agenda changes;
- Assisting the Counsellor Team to expand and refresh the list of Counsellors and Guest Speakers;
- Support with Counsellor logistics, including flight and hotel management. It is essential for Counsellors to have a comfortable and positive experience at the Summit;
- Manage Counsellor participation, including writing briefs as well as hosting in-person briefing sessions;
- Produce Summit related material, such as the Summit Report, Partnership brochures, website copy, agenda documents, sessions descriptions and proposals;
- Assist the Content Director and Producer onsite to ensure smooth delivery of the running order. Must be able to step up to resolve any problems that might occur.
The ideal candidate will:
- Have a bachelor's degree (2:1 or higher);
- Proven experience as a project manager, ideally working on large live events;
- Superb written and verbal communications skills;
- Outstanding attention to detail;
- Keen awareness of current affairs and global issues;
- Be highly efficient and organised and have experience of complex admin tasks;
- Be a team player who takes the initiative and be able to cope well with deadlines and high pressure environments;
- Must be fluent in English;
- Must have the legal right to work in the UK.
What you’ll get:
- 20 days paid annual leave. The office is also closed over Christmas break and this leave is in addition to your annual leave;
- Bonus pay if individual and company KPI’s are met;
- Private health insurance;
- Travel internationally to One Young World events / meetings as required;
- Never be stuck watching the clock – the workday speeds by!;
- Join a passionate, fun, hard working team who want to make a difference.