The winners of the 2017 EuroPAwards were announced at the Awards ceremony gathering close to 250 EU public affairs practitioners on Wednesday 22nd November at the prestigious Le Plaza Hotel in Brussels. The event was hosted by Florian Eder, Managing Editor at Politico.
Interel scooped three awards, winning Best In-House Agency Collaboration with Coca Cola, Consultancy of the Year as well as the Outstanding Contribution Award offered to Catherine Stewart after unanimous consent of this year's judges. Other consultancies winning multiple awards include APCO Worldwide, Burson-Marsteller and ZN Consulting in associaiton with ECPA, winning each two trophies.
Fire Safe Europe won both the NGO Campaign of the Year and Lobbying the European Parliament Awards; the latter presented by PubAffairs Communications Manager Cathy Kremer who was on the judging panel, too. Finally, World Vision and AmCham EU will also be able to decorate their offices with two trophies each.
The EU Public Affairs Awards are a joint venture between Government Knowledge, Public Relations Communications Association and Zetter’s Political Services. PubAffairs was proud to be a Supporter of the EuroPAwards.
Below is the full overview of winners.
- Best Brexit-related Campaign of the Year: APCO Worldwide, "#BetterThanThat"
- Best In-House Agency Collaboration: Coca Cola and Interel
- Best Trade Body campaign: AmCham EU, "EU Single Market: Exploring the benefits"
- Collaboration with the Press Corps: Cambre Associates
- Consultancy Campaign of the Year: ZN Consulting & ECPA, "Getting Europes Youth on Board"
- Consultancy of the Year: Interel
- Consultant of the Year: Patrick Gibbels, European Small Business Alliance
- Corporate Campaign of the Year: Tata Consultancy Services, "#DigitalDirections"
- Ethical Campaign: FleishmanHillard, "It’s time to #SwitchOnEurope"
- In-House Professional of the Year: Margaret Donnellan, Royal College of Paediatrics and Child Health
- In-House Team of the Year: World Vision
- Lobbying Member States: Alber & Geiger
- Lobbying the European Commission: APCO Worldwide
- Lobbying the European Parliament: Fire Safe Europe
- NGO Campaign of the Year: Fire Safe Europe
- Professional Body of the Year: AmCham EU
- Promising Newcomer: Alex King, Acumen Public Affairs
- Public Sector Campaign of the Year: Burson-Marsteller, European Vocational Skills Week
- Think Tank of the Year: Bruegel
- Trade Association Campaign of the Year: ZN Consulting & ECPA, "Cooperating for success: a true "one Team" solution"
- Use Of Social Media - Consultancy: Burson-Marsteller
- Use Of Social Media - In-House: World Vision
- Outstanding Contribution: Catherine Stewart, Interel