Too busy watching the athletics to keep up with Twitter? Here is our weekly summary of the best health-related tweets you may have missed:
- Childhood mortality is a worldwide success story;
- Watch how access to drinking water has improved over 25 years;
- Vivenne Parry writes about the need for a debate on patient health and public data;
- The Health Foundation publish an infographic on how our surroundings influence our health;
- A moving account of Glen Campbell's struggle with Alzheimer's;
- How easy it to fake being a doctor?;
- The number of people on hospital waiting lists hits four million;
- How does UK health spending compare to the rest of the EU?;
- What would your ideal House of Commons look like?;
- The world economy in one chart;
- Foot-long sausage roll launches in Manchester ;
- England's health gap revealed.
- The silly season is too much for the BBC's Simon McCoy.