Too distracted by the talk of another referendum to keep up with Twitter? Here’s our weekly round-up of the best health-related tweets you may have missed:
- Live reporting on a day at @IpswichHosp A&E department
- What the post-truth world means for cancer care
- Check out first 3-D structures of active DNA created
- Find out how much lung disease costs the UK; a new report by @lunguk
- Thought-provoking article on NHS crises by @NicholasTimmins
- PR Week’s power book: top 10 in healthcare comms, featuring our own Mike Birtwistle
- Tired of winter colds? Find out why you should be thankful for viruses
- Striking graphic showing the burden of disease attributable to leading risk factors
- Are gambling addictions more common than previously thought?
- A graph showing the rise in delays in discharging NHS patients
- The ONS defines "hipsters"
- NHS nurses offer advice on when to question doctors
From across the Atlantic:
- The high cost of healthcare in America, and the not quite so high life expectancy
- Why mandatory vaccination laws and herd immunity are so important