As a senior member of the consultancy team, the purpose of this job is to provide political, industry and strategic expertise and to lead on a number of accounts ensuring consistently high-quality work for clients and to drive new business growth and client retention.
Attitude and Approach
Account Directors are expected to:
- Lead and develop all their accounts;
- Develop, manage, motivate and coach their teams to deliver consistently high performance;
- Be regarded as trusted adviser by their clients and their colleagues;
- Lead by example and demonstrate GK’s values;
- Contribute to a positive working environment on teams and across GK;
- Take ownership for your accounts and all your work;
- Contribute to the long term development of GK;
- Be an external ambassador for GK.
- Provide strategic communications consultancy services to a portfolio of assigned clients;
- Actively manage and develop the overall client relationship and ensure that the client journey is fully embedded and embraced by all client teams at all stages;
- Take responsibility for quality control of all consultancy provided by assigned client teams;
- Own and manage the account planning process including budget, allocation, resourcing and recovery of billable hours;
- Utilise GK strategic advisers and GK leadership as appropriate to support client activity.
- Seek out new business opportunities with both new and existing clients to generate fee income and coach direct reports in developing their skills in this area;
- Participate in new business proposals and pitches for new clients with direction from the leadership team;
- Develop content and GK credentials and capabilities to develop agreed priority areas for business development;
- Preparation of proposal documents for sign off by a Director as per company procedure;
- Attend at least 4 meetings, 2 events and write 1 blog per month to support new business activity;
- Participate in GK senior team meetings providing insight, ideas and advice as appropriate.