Our client is a successful, fast growing agency with a dynamic vibrant team who work across a number of high profile clients to deliver public affairs consultancy and PR and communications solutions.
They are now seeking an Account Director to join their team to oversee high quality servicing to all their clients, contributing to internal strategy and decision-making, and creating new business wins.
Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Owning and running a portfolio of clients whilst maintaining excellent client relationships;
- Delegating tasks to junior colleagues where appropriate and motivating them to deliver on these;
- Fostering relations with national and sectoral media, politicians, local authorities, and any relevant interest groups;
- Responding appropriately to crisis management issues;
- Developing and maintaining expertise in client sectors and related policy fields;
- Providing regular copy for the website and promoting their work through social media;
- Identifying, pitching and winning new business.
The successful candidate will need a strong track record in providing research and political counsel and advice in the fields of public affairs, government and media relations. You will have a wide contact base and be used to leveraging the industry circuit and enjoy networking. You must have proven pitching skills for winning new business and demonstrate excellent leadership and client handling skills.