WA is looking for a new account manager to support its continuing success, deliver great work for clients and take their career to the next level.
Our public affairs and strategic communications consultancy has grown more than 20% year-on-year over the last three years. In that time our team has doubled to 25 consultants with impressive and varied backgrounds, winning new clients in a range of sectors.
We are looking to appoint an account manager who is enterprising, curious, committed to achieving their best and eager to join a friendly and dynamic team. You will be someone with a strong understanding of public affairs and communications who is highly organised and comfortable dealing with multiple clients.
The right candidate will ideally have several years’ experience working in public affairs or communications, either in consultancy, in-house or within a trade association or charity. Familiarity with the energy, infrastructure, utilities and / or transport sectors will be an advantage.
Qualities we value are:
- A client-centric attitude that prizes accessibility, responsiveness and quality;
- An ability to analyse, summarise and communicate complex policy and corporate issues;
- Exceptional administration, organisation and project management skills with an eye for detail;
- A thorough grasp of UK politics and policymaking, as well as an interest in business and media issues;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
- An ability to write clearly and concisely;
- Intellectual curiosity.
From the outset the role will see you completely immersed in major clients, playing a pivotal part in client teams and supporting WA’s business development opportunities.
- Implement cutting-edge public affairs and communications programmes for clients;
- Coordinate day-to-day activity on significant accounts, working with senior executives client-side;
- Oversee production of briefings, newsletters, presentations, reports and thought leadership initiatives;
- Lead organisation of meetings, events and marketing initiatives;
- Conduct detailed policy research and analysis;
- Build a network of political and business contacts;
- Assist WA marketing and new business efforts;
- Work with everyone in the business, from our intern to our Managing Director.
In return for your hard work and commitment we offer:
- A competitive package with strong prospects for future growth and involvement in our company bonus scheme;
- A tailored training programme that will help your continuous professional development and progress your career;
- A lively, open and honest working culture, in which all of our people are valued, listened to, and encouraged to generate ideas and opportunities;
- A wide range of employee benefits, including a competitive pension scheme, subsidised gym membership, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, interest free travel loans and more.