We are recruiting for an Advocacy Manager with an emphasis on digital technology and consumer issues.
Working in a small team, the successful candidate will lead on and become an expert in consumer technology, developing the public agenda over time.
This is a new position in an international association where the successful candidate will be responsible for liaising with regulators, tech companies, civil society, enforcement bodies, think tanks and represent the organisation to political, government, corporate and media audiences on a regular basis.
Other responsibilities include:
- Deliver high quality research and policy work, and working with externally commissioned experts;
- Writing communication materials such as reports, briefings, articles, blogs and news items;
- Keeping fully abreast of developments in relation to the programme and relevant international organisations;
- Regularly monitoring activities against agreed targets, including budget and resource issues.
The Successful Candidate will:
- Have demonstrable experience of engagement with internal and external stakeholders across multiple audiences;
- Be a first-class communicator, both written and orally, including evidence of high-quality written reports, policy briefings and articles;
- Be adaptable to a fast-moving policy agenda;
- Ideally, have experience of working on issues around digital technology.
Importantly, we are looking for an individual with experience of building and maintain relationships with external stakeholders, including the membership, and demonstrable experience of shaping the policy agenda around emerging challenges.
You will already be working on issues around internet policy, e-commerce, financial technology (FinTech), the internet of things, sharing economy or another area of technological policy.