I am currently recruiting for an Assistant Vice President Government Affairs with a major bank. Responsible and accountable for:
- Horizon scanning for new, emerging, or changes in ongoing public policy developments that impact the organisations strategic objectives;
- Analysing political and public policy developments that affect the organisations (and especially the UK), supporting and executing team campaigns to influence the outcome of public policy and political developments. You may also be asked to proactively develop advocacy strategies and campaigns;
- Building and maintaining a strong internal and external network to ensure awareness of relevant policy and public developments;
- Advising senior management, including members of ExCo, on the impact of public policy and reputational developments and advocacy responses;
- Coordinating positioning and activity across a range of stakeholders including trade associations.
The role requires strong organisational and communication skills and the ability to work confidently with senior leaders both within the bank and across the external stakeholder landscape. Knowledge of or demonstrable propensity to learn quickly the fundamentals of the UK and EU legislative systems, policy making.
You will have:
- Degree level qualifications or equivalent experience;
- Strong political or policy experience and interest;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of working in Government or Parliament;
- Experience of political monitoring and understanding of the legislative process;
- Understanding and experience of financial services policy and regulation or another regulated market;
- Experience of briefing senior stakeholders.