The Campaigns and Public Affairs Manager (Maternity Leave) will lead the development and delivery of Campaign Plans and associated activities for our client’s influencing objectives at international and national level. The postholder will also be responsible for leading on the development and delivery of Public Affairs and Stakeholder Engagement Strategy.
- Develop and execute forward looking campaign plans to deliver policy positions and insights to key decision makers and key opinion formers, in line with overall department objectives;
- Support team effectiveness by identifying, piloting and embedding the use of the best platforms and approaches to get our policy messages across to target audiences;
- Develop Key Decision Makers and Key Opinion Formers engagement strategy for Westminster and International and support the creation of target audience strategies for regions;
- Oversee the delivery of the agreed Public Affairs Strategy; the provision of insight and analysis on political trends to inform the wider business; as well as corporate affairs objectives;
- Ensure senior figures are well briefed on all political issues as required;
- Manage, coach and develop the Public Affairs team to increase knowledge and ensure the use of best practice;
- Monitor and manage the Public Affairs budget, as well as project specific budgets, to ensure projects are delivered on time and to budget.
- Strong experience within a consultancy, political or in-house Public Affairs role;
- Experience in strategy development for integrated communication campaign;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills;
- Experience of building relationships with senior decision makers and their offices;
- Strong line management experience;
- Strong experience in project management and budgets; writing briefings and political monitoring;
- Experience of working with Policy & Communications colleagues to develop effective campaign strategies.