38 Degrees is one of the UK's biggest campaigning communities. We’re united by a set of shared values; to defend fairness, protect rights, promote peace, preserve the planet and deepen democracy. Our millions of members come together to decide which issues we campaign on, and the actions we take.
At 38 Degrees we pride ourselves on nimble, focused campaigns that we’re more likely to put together in a day than a week. That means our team is decisive, ambitious and smart - we aim high!
Campaign Managers could be described as the engine room of 38 Degrees. You’ll develop campaign strategies and make sure that we execute them to the highest standards. You’ll need to thrive in a very fast-paced, rapid response environment, where innovative campaigns are created in hours! You’ll use tactics across the spectrum - including email, social media and partnership working - to run and win campaigns. Importantly, you’ll understand how politics and Parliament works so that our campaigns have impact - and you’ll know how to use the media to increase our likelihood of winning.
Campaign Managers manage other staff, lead teams of campaigners and line-manage staff for high performance and continuous development. They also play a significant role in shaping the overall direction of 38 Degrees, including team development and organisational strategy.
- Identify, design, and execute campaigns with the potential for explosive growth and swift victories;
- Use the media to supercharge our campaigning work. Create effective media strategies, know how to craft a story and sell it in to target publications;
- Understand the political landscape and create strategies to ensure campaigns have impact with decision makers;
- Build and maintain relationships with organisations, politicians etc.;
- Write outstandingly good campaign materials, including emails, blogs, media releases and social media copy;
- Ensure our campaigns are member-led: use data and other insights to determine which campaigns 38 Degrees members want to be involved with, and create theories of change that centrally involve our members;
- Help to shape the overall strategic direction of the organisation;
- Line manage staff, and at times lead larger teams to deliver campaign actions.
Key Skills and Experience Required
- A proven track record of identifying, designing, and winning campaigns;
- Excellent political nous;
- Excellent understanding of the UK media landscape;
- A flair for rapid response campaigning;
- Exceptionally good written and oral communication skills;
- The ability to use technology as a campaigning tool.