Wayfindr is a non-profit organisation, set up to create the first global standard for audio wayfinding on mobile devices. We want to empower vision impaired people to overcome isolation and navigate the world just using their smart phone.
You’ll be charged with implementing a public affairs communication strategy to promote the adoption of Audio Based Navigation by major stakeholders across the sectors of transport, retail, tech companies and public bodies. You’ll also oversee Wayfindr’s media and social media activity, and community management and engagement.
- Implement a public affairs strategy to achieve business plan targets;
- Monitor and report on delivery of the strategy (for funders and the Board);
- Manage a stakeholder database and report on adoption progress against prospects;
- Represent Wayfindr at meetings and events;
- Manage Wayfindr’s media and social media activity;
- Consolidate insight reports on policy and industry developments that will affect Wayfindr;
- Oversee Wayfindr’s Community, including consultations, communications and partnerships to deliver projects;
- Monitor backlog of assumptions for future versions of the Wayfindr Open Standard;
- Assist and educate stakeholders in using the open standard and advise clients on why and how to use the standard.
- Experience of developing public affairs strategies and ability to implement them;
- Excellent stakeholder management skills;
- Excellent writing and speaking skills;
- Excellent interpersonal and influencing skills;
- Great networking skills;
- Good project management;
- Understanding of technology, transport, retail, or planning policy;
- Political and government knowledge of the UK, Europe and USA desirable;
- Knowledge of how public standards are developed and maintained desirable.