I am currently recruiting for an Economic Regulation Manager with a a gaming and technolgy business in North London.
The Economic Regulation Manager will provide analytical input and economic support to help develop key strategic proposals to develop the portfolio, and lead key proposals to deliver regulatory approvals.
- Lead regulatory engagement on business cases and key strategic projects;
- Acts as a main point of contact between the organisation and the regulator on commercial projects, paricularly on the econimic evidence, building an effective working relationship with the regulator officials, resolving and as necessary, escalating issues and queries where appropriate;
- Provide analytical, economic and regulatory support to cross-functional teams developing innovations to the portfolio;
- Provide expert advice throughout the company, including attending and presenting at senior-level meetings regarding strategic commercial projects;
- Continually monitor the regulatory environment to strengthen the organisation’s understanding of, and adherence to, the regulatory framework;
- Support the development of more junior members of staff, and act as a point of internal escalation where required.
You will have:
- Several years experience working successfully in an economics role, either for an industry regulator or government department, within an internal regulatory team for a regulated company, or in economics consultancy;
- Undergraduate degree in economics required. Postgraduate degree advantageous;
- Experience of leading analysis on large scale and/or complex projects, including management and influencing of senior stakeholders (both internally and externally);
- Experience of managing virtual (cross-functional) teams to ensure effective delivery of key projects;
- Ability to build effective relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
- Proactive approach to projects and problem solving that considers current policy as well as challenging the status quo and taking a considered approach to risk, with experience working specifically on commercial business assignments;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including an ability to explain problems clearly and concisely and recommend and defend actions;
- Rigorous attention to detail, particularly when operating under tight timeframes;
- Strong analytical and numerical skills, including the ability to build persuasive arguments in support of a position using data from a range of sources, including the outputs of econometric analysis;
- Ability to identify key information needed to make decisions and exercise good judgement in situations with incomplete information.