Imagine working for one of the internet’s biggest and most influential names; for a company built on innovation, collaboration and social responsibility. You’ve just imagined working for Nominet. We use technology to create a future that is connected, inclusive and secure.
You will be working as part of a high performing and driven Corporate Affairs team where this role will focus specifically on helping Nominet develop the appropriate political and regulatory context to support its ambitions in wireless technologies. Within this context, the Emerging Technology policy lead will develop and implement a proactive and impactful plan to influence wireless spectrum policy, ensuring Nominet makes an appropriate and impactful contribution to relevant debates and opportunities with political influencers, regulators and stakeholders. The role will also take the lead on political and policy matters around the digital infrastructure required to support the development of autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Things.
- Act as a first-line of contact and subject matter expert on policy matters relating to radio spectrum, 5G, autonomous vehicles and the Internet of Things within the business and with external stakeholders;
- Plan, coordinate, and implement a programme to ensure visibility for Nominet amongst regulators and telco influencers;
- Respond to government and communications regulators’ consultations (e.g. OFCOM, FCC) on wireless technologies and spectrum usage, organising appropriate background material and ensuring an appropriate communications plan is in place;
- Take the lead on monitoring developments in 5G, and relevant developments from the ITU, ensuring internal stakeholders are briefed;
- Prepare assets for all emerging technology activities (including communications, summaries, research, briefings) for internal and external audiences, ensuring all collateral is accurate and up to date;
- Develop evidence-based insight and research to make persuasive arguments. Undertake research on regulatory and other relevant issues, flagging opportunities & threats in the policy and external environment that impact delivery of the company’s goals;
- Manage and collaborate with internal stakeholders to establish positions on key issues affecting the emerging technology team;
- Ensure internal stakeholders are updated on progress, and key developments communicated company-wide;
- Proactively identify opportunities to engage with external stakeholders, in close collaboration with the communications team;
- Represent Nominet with external stakeholders from a variety of backgrounds;
- Create and maintain an accurate stakeholder map for Emerging Technology activities (including wireless spectrum and autonomous vehicles), updated monthly.
We look for individuals not templates and we relish the unique talents, skills, creativity and passion of every single person we employ. Together, we work to make the internet a better place for all who use it, ushering in a vibrant digital future – could you be a part of our journey?