The British Chambers of Commerce (BCC) is the national body for a powerful and influential network of 52 Accredited Chambers of Commerce. The Chambers are private organisations that sit at the heart of the local business community providing representation, services, information and guidance to their members. The BCC is owned by, and operated for, the 52 Accredited Chambers.
The British Chambers of Commerce seeks a seasoned campaigns professional, with a track record of delivering cutting-edge thought leadership, clear influence and visible bottom-line results, to lead its London-based policy and campaigns functions.
Reporting to the Director General, and forming part of the BCC’s senior management team, the post-holder will have lead accountability for the campaigns and representation elements of the BCC’s three-year strategic plan, and will work closely with other members of the senior management team to deliver the plan – and its associated commercial objectives – in its entirety.
- Position the BCC and Chamber network at the forefront of business thought leadership;
- Campaign for the UK’s ‘civic business’ communities – working with the accredited Chamber Network to drive campaigns into local business communities;
- Bring great campaigns to life – to further boost the BCC’s brand and complement its strong existing policy and research based expertise;
- Further elevate the voice of the BCC and Chamber Network in a crowded marketplace, ensuring that the organisation gains greater cut through to Government and policymakers.
- An intelligent, confident and charismatic individual who possesses a combination of experience in campaigning, communications and engagement. Individuals could come from a variety of backgrounds including business, industry or trade bodies, government or the NGO sector;
- They will need to possess an ability to translate complex information into clear policy positions and thought leadership. Strong relationship building, stakeholder management and influencing skills will also be essential;
- This individual will be politically astute and possesses first class communication and interpersonal skills. They will have strong management and leadership abilities and will be able to operate as part of a senior management team.