Established in 1866, the Royal Aeronautical Society (RAeS) is the world’s only professional body dedicated to the entire aerospace community.
We are currently recruiting for an External Affairs Executive who can support the RAeS in raising its profile as the ‘go to’ place for authoritative, impartial, evidence-based aerospace policy advice and knowledge.
Further, the role will support the ambition to capture more of the national and international narrative with regulators, governments and the media by enhancing the Society’s body of knowledge and making it more accessible.
- To lead on building and maintaining productive and lasting relationships with national, regional and local members of the press;
- Act as a first point of contact with the press by logging and managing press enquiries;
- Draft press releases to promote Society activities and in reaction to external developments;
- Contribute to and draft responses to consultations, submissions, inquiries;
- Monitor policy development in government and Parliament;
- Create briefings for and correspondence for MP’s, Peers and Civil Servants;
- Arrange and attend meetings/briefings with MP’s Peers, Civil Servants and Industry;
- Assist with the organisation of Society public affairs and press related events;
- Contribute ideas and content for Society conferences and events, particularly those with a public policy angle.
This role would ideally suit someone with a passion for aviation/aerospace and with experience in either policy, press or public affairs.
You must be educated to undergraduate degree level or the ability to demonstrate an equivalent level of knowledge and experience.
Effective written and verbal communication skills are essential for this role, as well experience of working in the media, a press office and/or public affairs in-house, consultancy or of working in Parliament/EU institutions.
In return for your commitment we guarantee your development within the role and offer an attractive salary, life assurance, pension and healthcare scheme.