My client is a UK membership body, with Brexit firmly at the top of their priority list to safeguard the industry. They are currently looking for a Government Affairs Manager to coordinate and deliver their political engagement programme and support policy development.
- To manage all aspects of the development, planning, coordination and delivery of the organisation’s political/engagement communications programme and develop strategy;
- To undertake and support lobbying activities and engagement with key political contacts, officials and stakeholders, as required;
- To ensure delivery of key activities/events, the party conference programme, all Party Parliamentary Group secretariat and other projects as required;
- Responsibility for political contact database and stakeholder mapping;
- To deliver strategic parliamentary and stakeholder briefings;
- To provide political/policy monitoring, analysis, opportunity identification and regular briefings on all relevant industry issues for members and across the organisation;
- To support the development of policy positions, consultation responses and lobbying materials in liaison with members, key departments and other stakeholders;
- To attend and support all relevant committees/sections on policy developments as required
- Support and lead on ad hoc research projects and events.
Necessary skills and qualifications:
- Significant previous professional experience in public affairs or government affairs;
- Strong analytical, presentation, people skills and written skills;
- Proven project management experience in running multiple engagement programmes;
- Proven strategy development and representation experience;
- Highly motivated professional team player, eager to learn and contribute to policy development and relationship management in a small team context and with broader teams;
- Sound political judgment, diplomatic and loyal, able to gain full confidence of senior colleagues;
- Excellent knowledge and experience of UK legislative processes.