A Charity is looking to hire a Head of Evidence to lead and be accountable for the development, use, and dissemination of high quality evidence and insight that supports and challenges our client to achieve policy and system change and improve services.
You will be responsible for:
- Influencing at a strategic level internally;
- Supporting external influencing activity to ensure that only value-adding research and insight is commissioned and that findings are used to drive strategic direction and operational performance;
- Overseeing effective external dissemination and publication of evidence, so that key audiences understand its implications and engage with its outputs;
- Full oversight and accountability for setting up and leading effective strategic and operational partnerships with external evidence partners and the wider research community.
- High capacity to influence; persuasive communicator, with strong skills in facilitating and networking;
- Able to lead, motivate, coach and develop individuals for high performance, acting as a champion for equality and diversity and developing team capability in line with business plans and organisational vision;
- Strong leadership and business change management experience, gained as a senior manager
- Experience of working in / with or influencing the external research and data community, policy makers or clinicians to provide evidence which influences changes in policy, action and strategy;
- A sound understanding of policy, research and service issues in the health and social care context.