With Education and Skills being a leading topic on their agenda, this post holder is a crucial part of my client’s leadership team and leads a team that develops all their policy work on the topic.
The Key Responsibilities of the post holder are:
- Effectively leading a team of policy professionals focussed on improving the outcomes of the education and skills systems of the UK. That includes setting direction for individual team members and investing time in their professional development;
- Setting priorities for the organisation in the field of education and skills, working with members and colleagues;
- Developing work plans that are influential and effective in achieving member goals;
- Acting as the senior specialist on education and skills issues – speaking on platforms including events and in the media;
- Developing and managing a range of senior contacts within Government and other key stakeholders and working with these partners to influence positive change in UK education and skills systems.
Knowledge and Experience:
- Record of effectively delivering influencing results in a complex and political policy environment;
- Strong understanding of the education and skills environment in the UK;
- Experience of management and developing a team in a policy environment.