The Holocaust Educational Trust (HET) is a registered charity working with schools, colleges and communities across the country to raise awareness about the Holocaust and its contemporary lessons. This role is focused on engaging with key stakeholders including Members of Parliament, Government and relevant NGOs. Working alongside the Chief Executive, the post-holder will develop, implement and monitor HET’s public affairs agenda, as well helping to advance HET’s communications strategy.
- Developing, implementing and monitoring an effective public affairs strategy which will enable HET to promote their cause at a local, national and international level;
- Communicating the work of the Holocaust Educational Trust and Holocaust related matters to stakeholders;
- Building upon and developing relationships with Members of Parliament, parliamentary researchers, civil servants, NGOs and other stakeholders key to the work of the Trust;
- Coordinating the organisation of all public affairs events and parliamentary visits, including fringe meetings at party conferences;
- Preparing briefings, comment pieces, speeches and submissions for the Trust’s team and Trustees, Members of Parliament, Ministers and other public figures;
- In partnership with the Trust’s PR agency, effectively implement and monitor media strategies for promoting the organisation’s work at a local, national and international level;
- Oversee the Trust’s social media strategies and platforms;
- Manage the work of the Public Affairs Team, including line management responsibilities.
The ideal candidate will be a highly motivated, strategic thinker, who is able to respond quickly to a changing environment, with excellent instincts and political judgment. You must have a strong interest and commitment to HET’s purpose and values. You will have the ability to work both in a leadership role and as part of a team to deliver projects to the highest standard. Proven parliamentary or public affairs experience and a comprehensive understanding of current affairs and parliamentary procedure is essential. Along with excellent writing skills, you will need to have strong interpersonal skills, including the ability to establish credibility quickly with HET stakeholders.