This is an exciting opportunity to develop and drive the high profile public affairs campaign programme for one of the most influential healthcare charities in the UK. Its renowned research has been central to change within the healthcare and charity policy, helping to transform the lives of millions.
Leading a highly effective team, this key role is responsible for ensuring the charity’s vision informs the agenda of decision makers of both the UK and EU. Working closely with the press and policy teams, you will represent the charity at the highest levels, in public and in the media.
The successful candidate will be a strong manager, able to work across a wide range of topics which span the charity sector. They will be able to grasp quickly complex issues and have strong political instincts with the ability to build relationships with senior colleagues, parliamentarians and policymakers.
We are looking for an innovative and influential leader, as passionate about policy and public affairs as they are about the cause.
You will need:
- A deep understanding of the policy-making and political process in the UK, ideally with some knowledge of the UK’s health policy, life sciences research environment;
- Extensive understanding of parliamentary procedure in Westminster and Whitehall and knowledge of the politics and proceedings within the EU is highly desirable;
- Significant experience of having managed successful policy or public affairs work at a senior level, leading the development and implementation of campaigns programmes;
- Experience of leading internal and external stakeholder relations in a high profile or complex organisation;
- Experience of working closely with, and advising, senior leaders in a large organisation;
- Experience of managing reputation and risk within a high profile organisation;
- Former management experience and the ability to lead and manage a large team of professionals.