Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is the largest independent business forum that lobbies and responds to Government on behalf of our members on all major issues affecting the business community. We have an exciting opportunity for a Head of Public Affairs and Policy to help shape our policy strategy to ensure we remain the leading voice of business in Suffolk.
As Head of Public Affairs and Policy, you will be responsible for delivering the policy agenda and designing and implementing policy and advocacy activities in relation to Suffolk Chamber’s strategic goals, as well as leading on Suffolk Chamber’s Transport and Infrastructure, A14 Strategy and A1307 Strategy Boards.
Your role will include:
- Building, developing and influencing external relationships with decision makers, policy makers, members, partners and stakeholders across a wide range of sectors;
- Planning, managing, delivering, evaluating and reporting on policy projects that will contribute to Suffolk Chamber’s strategic aims;
- Providing research and analysis to our Chief Executive and Senior Management team that will steer and inform Suffolk Chamber’s programme of lobbying and campaigns, and raising awareness of key issues relevant to Suffolk Chamber, members and stakeholders;
- Preparing succinct and influential reports, consultation responses, briefings, articles, letters, and web pages on policy issues for a range of business and public audiences;
- Monitor the implications of legislation and decisions made within local and central government, and advise on and prepare appropriate responses.
Skills and Experience:
- Demonstrable experience in a policy related role and proven policy research and analytical skills, with the ability to analyse, interpret and communicate complex information;
- A proven track record of leading and influencing stakeholders and external and internal parties at local, regional or national level;
- Knowledge and understanding of businesses, local authorities, local enterprise partnerships and stakeholders in Suffolk, regionally and nationally;
- A proven track record of conducting, monitoring and evaluating projects, programmes and documents and extracting information from data and survey information;
- As the largest independent private forum in the county, Suffolk Chamber of Commerce is in a perfect position to support and represent local business interests.
We are offering a salary of £28,000 – £35,000 depending on experience, along with a pension and healthcare package and flexible working opportunities.