An Interim Senior Community & Stakeholder Engagement Advisor is sought by a large-scale infrastructure company based in London. This is a challenging brief, highly politicised and will take responsibility for working with a variety of local stakeholder groups to identify priorities and broker solutions. You will:
- Engage with local authorities, communities and stakeholders ensuring productive dialogue and engagement;
- Ensure the successful delivery of Community Forums.
You will be able to demonstrate the following essential knowledge, skills and experience:
- Strong track record of involvement with local communities to identify local priorities through large-scale community forums for major public sector infrastructure or regeneration projects, involving sensitive and complex issues;
- Demonstrable expertise of looking after and supporting community forums, particularly for contentious projects;
- Ability to demonstrate a clear understanding of the potential issues that may impact on local communities;
- Proven ability of establishing and maintaining good working relationships with diverse local stakeholders;
- Demonstrated ability to work under pressure, think on your feet, draft copy quickly and clearly and multi-task;
- Track record of managing forum logistics;
- An appreciation of the role and structure of Government and development of public policy may be helpful.
- Please note that we urge you to apply without delay. The position is likely to be filled as soon as a suitable candidate is identified.
This role is an interim position: 3 month contract with possible extension.
Clayton Desant is a specialist recruitment firm that operates exclusively in the public policy, government relations and regulatory affairs disciplines.